Recently I got the new Nexus S, a nice upgrade from the Nexus 1. Sure, I’ll miss the trackball but my main concern was: How do I transfer the hours of dedication to Angry birds and Angry birds Seasons? I have almost 3 stars in every level and I was considering not upgrading because of this.
Some people told me I needed to root the phone and copy /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/ between devices.
That probably works but I didn´t want to spend that much time on this and I wanted to find an easier way to transfer the progress on Angry Birds.
I investigated and found a great solution (easy for the non techies).
- Install an app called Angry birds backup (from YONGSIN for the normal one and the Angry birds Seasons from Nadav Fima – they are free but you can donate on YONGSIN site)
- Open the app and press the backup button
- Go to the SD card and you’ll see a folder called angry birds backup. Copy it to your computer (or directly to the SD card on the other phone)
- Install angry birds and angry birds backup in the new phone
- copy the Angry birds backup folder from your computer to your new phone
- Important: complete the first level of angry birds before you press the button restore on your angry birds backup app otherwise the tool will tell you that you don’t have Angry birds installed.
Et Voila.. I got my results back and I’m now a happy Nexus S user.
Hope it helps all the people that need to move to a new device and want to keep their Angry Birds progress